Treasured Animal Rescue will take owner relinquished animals, based on availability of our foster homes. Please see the questions below before contacting a Treasured Animal Rescue Volunteer. Please provide this information along with 2-3 updated pictures to assist us in finding a foster home. A Treasured Animal Rescue volunteer will contact you to assist in relinquishing your pet.
Please email Treasured Animal Rescue at: email@example.com
- Why are you giving up your pet?
- Does your pet have a microchip? If so, please provide all microchip paperwork, chip # and or stickers?
- Is your pet updated on vaccines? (Treasured Animal Rescue will need these records from your vet.)
- When was your last heartworm test?
- When was their last heart worm prevention given?
- When was the last fecal test?
- Is your pet Spayed/Neutered?
If you answered NO to any of the above questions, can you assist financially to update the relinquished pet?
- Is your pet dog/cat friendly?
- Have they been around children?
- Are they food, people, cat/dog aggressive?
- What training have you done for your pet? (For dog owner surrenders)
- What is your cat’s/dog’s normal routine?
- Are you able to supply any food, bedding, toys, etc. to help with the transition of your pet into our foster care?
- Where did you get your pet originally?
- If your pet is from a Shelter/Another Rescue, please check with them on their return policy. Many will take their adopted pets back.
Treasured Animal Rescue will not take back another Shelter’s/Rescue’s pet without their consent.